I don’t think I’m alone when I say I always feel inspired to work hard at the start of a new year. Hustle, if you will. When I get really involved in a project, I can’t stand having my hair in my face. I’ll usually throw my hair up in a messy bun. Although I do love the bed head look, sometimes I want to look a little more refined when I’m in hustle mode. Regardless of if you have bangs, this bumped up ponytail is an awesome vintage-inspired way to get your hair out of your face.
– 2 Butterfly clips
– Bobbi pins
– 1 Hair elastic
– 1 inch curling iron or curling wand
1. Start with the hair down and section off two areas of hair on each side of the head. Secure (temporarily) with butterfly clips.
2. Next, take the section at the crown and tease it. Secure in place with two bobbi pins.
3. Use a hair elastic to put the remaining hair in a ponytail.
4. Take the two sections that you previously sectioned off and wrap each one around the ponytail elastic. Use a bobbi pin to hold into place once finished wrapping each side around. You can also tuck the wrapped hair under the elastic if you don’t want to use a bobbi pin.
5. Use a 1 inch curling iron or curling wand to curl the ponytail. Finger through the hair once finished curling to soften the overall look.
6. Finish with a light hold hairspray.
click here for more hair tutorials.