Hey everyone! My name is Aya and I transported myself here from Strawberry Koi with yet another simple and versatile look. Because that’s how I roll. This is my new fave way to wear my hair, because it’s basically my naturally straight hair with a bit of texture and shape. This style also works for long hair easy enough, but more importantly it’s best to have long “bangs” to complete the look.
- A brush/comb
- A clip or hair tie
- A Flat iron
- Heat Protectant Spray (optional)
1. Give your hair a good brushing. Make sure it’s clean, fluffy and smooth all the way through.
2. Section off the complete top layer of your hair, leaving the bottom section from ear to ear/below eye-level.
3. Spritz your hair with a little heat protectant spray before you start flat ironing. I like to straighten this layer while curving the flat iron upwards to flip at the ends up. With my own length, the flippy bits peek out from beneath the top layer and creates a nice texture!
4. Let the top layer down, but re-pin or clip the front section of your hair… saving it for last.
5. Straighten the hair in thin sections, about 1-inch thick for better results and less damage. Straighten each section, while curving the flat iron to give the hair a bit of bend. I like to alternate the sections of curling outward away from my face, and inward towards my face. Doing this gives the hair a naturally straight texture, while still being soft and easy to style.
6. Let the top later down. Because I have a deep side part, I straightened the small section on my left side to curve around the side of my head (if you’re doing a middle part, include this step with the final step instead). Doing so, makes the hair hold that same shape and sweep away from the face.
7. Take the last section of hair at the front and pull up and back from your face. Hold it in place, as you straighten it away from your face and curling the hair up and under in one fluid motion. The hair will gracefully fall down into place, sweeping to the side(s) with a subtle bend.
Aya (DIY Hair Contributor)
click here for more diy hair!