This hairstyle starts off with three ponytails… and then it gets intense. You make these random loopy things and loop each pony through the loops. (I’m so articulate, aren’t I?) But it’s actually quite easy! The end result is something super feminine and bridal-inspired. The loops make the hairstyle very secure (you don’t even need bobby pins unless you finish off the ponytail)–the perfect option for getting your hair out of the way when you’re on the go.
– Paddle brush
– Hair elastics
– Bobby pins
1. Start by making a pony with the very front section of hair.
2. Do another pony underneath and then one last pony at the bottom.
3. Loop each pony through (some refer to this as a piggy pony or a topsy tail).
4. Wrap a small piece of hair from each pony around each elastic and secure underneath with a bobby pin. This looks much nicer and creates a more “finished” look rather than leaving the elastics on display.
5. Finish with a bit of hairspray.
Hairstyle by Danika Lamb for Drifter & the Gypsy.
click here for more hair tutorials.